Like all machines, your gas boiler can go wrong when parts wear out or electronic components fail. This doesn't always mean that you have to fork out for a replacement though. Very often, the life of your boiler can be extended through skilled repairs and routine maintenance.
Regular servicing is the key to keeping your boiler working at peak efficiency for the longest possible useful life. You will also save money by making sure that your gas boiler is burning cleanly, using only the gas you need to maintain your level of home comfort. Call us now for a competitive quotation on either an annual service contract or a one-off maintenance visit.
Maintenance, servicing and repair of boilers in the Hornchurch, Upminster, Romford and Brentwood area
Whatever your boiler needs, you can be sure of prompt, efficient attention from Divine Water throughout Havering. Even though we live in a 'disposable' society, the useful, efficient life of your boiler can often be extended with repairs when needed and regular servicing. Before changing a boiler that is a few years old, you can save money by talking over the options.
To get the best advice on new boiler installation, repair of existing boilers and routine maintenance and servicing of your gas boiler in the Hornchurch, Upminster, Romford or Brentwood area, give us a call on the number above, or click in the header of any page to send us an email.Regular maintenance of a boiler is just as important as any other machine. Sometimes it is easy to forget something that just sits in a corner, quietly providing warmth and hot water. Very often it only comes to your attention when it goes wrong.
For the safety of your family, this should never be allowed to happen. Regular boiler maintenance helps ensure long-term economy by making sure that the unit is running as efficiently as it can, but even more importantly, can diagnose potential safety hazards before they develop.
Each boiler is slightly different in its service schedule, but in general our engineers will carry out:
Even in the best run homes, the unforeseen breakdown can occur. If that should happen to you, and you experience a loss of heating or hot water, you will find the response of Divine Water Ltd to be reassuringly rapid, with reasonable call-out charges, efficient repairs and the sort of good old-fashioned, courteous service that brings calm to an otherwise stressful situation.
- Boiler siting check. Check that the position of the boiler meets current standards
- Burner condition check. We look at the flame, which should be a bright even blue. If the flame is orange/yellow or flickering it could indicate a potential problem.
- Physical check of main components. We examine the heat exchanger, main gas injectors, burners, spark sensor probe for signs of deterioration or damage.
- Connection check. Water and gas pipes are inspected for any signs of leaks
- Venting check. Check that flue terminals are unobstructed and internal flue components are properly sealed.
- Boiler cleaning. Carbon and soot deposits are removed from inside combustion chamber. This is an important precaution in the avoidance of carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Function and control test. Restart the boiler to test functions and safety controls. Test the functionality of thermocouple in shutting off gas supply should the pilot flame fail.
- Adjustment. Set the gas valve to ensure optimum burner combustion efficiency.
- Gas analysis. Measure the CO/CO2 levels in your flue gases to make sure they fall within legal limits.
- Gas Tightness test. If a gas seal has been broken, a tightness test must be carried out before replacing the boiler casing.
- Case sealing check. Replace the boiler case, making sure that the case seal is intact and effective.
- Incoming gas tightness test. The last test is to check the gas tightness at your meter. This makes sure that the home's entire gas installation is sound.